View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Nichushkin is lucky he only got 1 game. That was right in the numbers and face first into the dasher. Wotherspoon glanced both left and right before retrieving the puck and Nichushkin moves to the left to line up directly behind him so Worherspoon can't see him. I'm sure he was just trying to elude him and maybe anticipated that Witherspoon was going to pivot left so Nichushkin could hit him flush to the shoulder, but when that didn't occur he drove him right in the numbers. Just a very stupid check. I'm glad no one was badly injured.

Gostisbehere play was dirty and normally I agree there are some things you don't do, like heavily nut someone, but he had just been slew footed by the guy he nutted. Slew footing is one of the dirtiest and most dangerous things you can do in hockey. It's totally unexpected, hard to soften the blow and you can really smash the back of your head into the ice hard. I have no problem with Gostisbehere getting a game, but am shocked that Matis got nothing.
Plenty of other dirty stuff went on in that game that was ignored. Cole Bardreau was leveled twice long after the whistle.

If anything the the worst thing an American did in this tournament was Ryan Hartman's flying elbow to Murphy that only got a 2 and 10.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote