View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 02:03 AM
Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Not that it will change anything for Team USA since they are playing without him regardless. But I am really shocked that Matis didn't get anything, with how crazy the IIHF is about eveything I figured he would at least do a game especially since he got nothing in game for it. Especially since he then went on later to get a 2 and 10 for checking to the head. That guy was pretty out of control the whole game, guess you really do have to feign injury if even for a moment.
There isn't even a mention of the slew foot in the IIHF website report in the suspension. How could they not have looked at that? When they are reviewing the infraction on Gostisbehere, they have to rewind the video to the lead up to the incident to rule on it properly. Very disappointing. I was under the impression that an incident does not need to incur a penalty and the opposing team does not need to launch a complaint for a review and suspension to occur.

There was definitely a few Slovak players with questionable play down the stretch. Oh well, the IIHF doesn't exactly have the best track record on officiating in general.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote