View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
If its not a big name coach this is frustrating. Do you think with Brandon in control he might sign off on a guy who wants MORE POWER?
I think the issue of power over personnel is the most important aspect of any coaching search when the fanbase wants a name brand coach. Everyone else in my family is a Bills fan, and I keep hearing "Give Chip Kelly a blank check if that's what it takes," but it's not that cut and dry. First, there's a general consensus that Kelly is going to want significant control over the offensive players he'll need to implement his system. Are executive types like Whaley and Brandon, who've spent their whole working lives in preparation to be a Team President or NFL GM, just going to cede that control to a sharp guy like Kelly, but a guy who's spent his entire career in college football? Second, is any high-profile coach who desires that control over personnel--be it Kelly, Gruden, whomever--going to look it Buffalo's current hierarchy with Brandon, Nix, and Whaley all seemingly having a hand in decisions to some extent, and decide there are too many cooks in the kitchen? It's going to be an interesting dynamic for sure.