View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 07:38 AM
wgknestrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Other than the obvious defense/goaltending issues, I think the general lack of size on our team is a bit of a concern. We have a few bigger players, but overall we're pretty small - without having the exact numbers in front of me, I'd guess we're one of the smallest teams in the league. Crosby, Kunitz, Cooke, Kennedy, Dupuis, Vitale, Glass, Adams, Jeffrey - that's 3/4 of our forwards all 6'1" or smaller, and none of our defensemen are bigger than 6'2".

I don't want to be huge and plodding, but sometimes you need big bodies to help win those wars of attrition. We need to be able to lean on people from time to time.
Don't the Pens play hockey instead of fight in the heavyweight division? I don't care how tall they are, how much they weigh, or what color they are. If they can play good hockey, that's all we need.

I can't recall the last hockey game that was decided by a height or hitting contest.

I see the problem with the Pens is opposite. WTF did they sign Tanner Glass, Asham, or McIntyre? A team of goons only puts you shorthanded and behind on the scoreboard. Pens need players who can control the play and be positive 5v5 players on the 3rd/4th lines. It is irrelevant how they accomplish this (via physicality or not), but paramount that they do.