View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Just another morning of frustration during this tournament going through a PVR recording featuring Phil Housley continue his mission of turning the 3rd overall pick who was destroying the OHL and was 2nd in tournament scoring into a complimentary offensive piece that barely plays.

I don't even want to hear the ''they are rolling 4 lines so they can be fresh tomorrow'' stuff that the TSN crew was trying to sell. Housley will still play 4 lines tomorrow. Everyone who has seen USA play in this tournament knows it. He is a stubborn head coach on this regard.

Gally played better today. More involved. That assist was terrific and further proof he IS A CENTER.

But what can you do when you get barely 10 minutes of TOI? On virtually every single key PP, it was the Miller unit out there. In the first, Gally's unit was out there for a few seconds, the Czechs took another penalty and on came the Miller unit for the 5 on 3. I honestly think that he played 3 shifts in the first 12 minutes of the game when it was still close.

There was a 4 on 4 shift late in the 1st where Housley went with Kuraly and Barber.

Just infuriating. Like someone said earlier, Housley does not see him as a key player on this team. It's as plain as day. If you played for the USNDTP though, you are going to play a ton. And I fully expect Canada will beat them, in part because of that stupid mentality.