View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Great Play Orpik!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
Don't the Pens play hockey instead of fight in the heavyweight division? I don't care how tall they are, how much they weigh, or what color they are. If they can play good hockey, that's all we need.

I can't recall the last hockey game that was decided by a height or hitting contest.

I see the problem with the Pens is opposite. WTF did they sign Tanner Glass, Asham, or McIntyre? A team of goons only puts you shorthanded and behind on the scoreboard. Pens need players who can control the play and be positive 5v5 players on the 3rd/4th lines. It is irrelevant how they accomplish this (via physicality or not), but paramount that they do.
You need to read critically. I said nothing about fighting or hitting.

Size can help you protect the puck and wear down your opponent by sheer volume. What we have is a collection of little buzzsaws who can create energy and chances off the rush, but who don't have the skill or size to protect the puck, maintain possession, and tire out the opposition.

If you don't think size plays a big part in those battles, then there's not much hope I can have a reasonable discussion with you on the subject. Not to say the recent Stanley Cup winner is always the best way to build a team, but watch how the Kings used their size on their playoff run this year.

And finally, Tanner Glass is anything but a goon. Read up on him.