View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Wheatking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Yakupov is really struggling out there, it's hard to watch. However, It's kind of annoying to hear the announcers bring it up every 2 seconds and to see the camera on him constantly, give the kid a freaking break already. The pressure has really gotten to Yak, it's obvious in his body language. He hardly even celebrated when they won.
I thought that Grigorenko was really good for them, he seemed to be the only one creating offense for Russia. If they play this way against Sweden, it's going to be lights out for them.
No kidding. Ferraro was really fueling the Yakupov hate fest. I don't believe he actually hates Yakupov but he wasn't doing the kid any favors. One thing that I've noticed about hockey fans is that they love when someone outside of the player that went 1st overall is the best player from the draft. Duchene supposed to be better than Tavares for a while there. Seguin is better than Hall even though his ppg average is lower and his goal scoring is significantly lower despite playing about 1 shift less a game with a Selke winner as his center and a Norris winner on the back end. Landeskog hits, blocks shots and brings tons of leadership so that's enough to go 1st overall over RNH in some people's eyes.

...and now people just love that Yakupov is struggling and they will use this 2 week tournament against him until he gets to the NHL.