View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 10:37 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Wasn't Harrington a big-time offensive D prospect with holes in his own end coming into the OHL? I seem to recall reading that. He has transformed himself into a quality shutdown D prospect. I think he'll continue to hone his shutdown ability and not try to add more offense into the equation. It'll be difficult enough just to crack the NHL and this blueline in particular, imo.

As long as he continues to pattern his game in the Scuderi mold, I think he'll pan out as a top-four rearguard.

There are a few guys from this WJC that I'd love to target if I'm the Pens. It starts with Marko Dano, the Slovakian winger. This guy reminded me SO MUCH of Peter Bondra when I watched him play. Great shot. Lefty, but seems natural on the right side. I don't know how high he'll go in the draft, but I'd love a shot at him.

I'm also a fan of Anton Slepyshev, who's been passed over twice already in the draft. Plays well in a complementary role with Grigorenko and Kucherov on the Russian team. Slepyshev has a bit of Valeri Kamensky dangle in him. I'd take a flyer on him for sure. American Ryan Hartman is another guy who has impressed me. Great wheels there. Probably a third liner at the NHL level, but I like his game a lot. Simple, yet effective.

And as an aside, a goalie I'd like to see us draft (or maybe just sign as a free agent) is Swiss Benjamin Conz, who isn't playing in this year's WJC but looked good in the Spengler Cup. I like him a lot.
Thats just what I was thinking. Its those long arms with good hands on the end. Good size on him too.

Hartman is a kid to keep an eye on. He seems like a grinder but he has good offensive sense and hands. Maybe he can be a Hartnell type.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote