View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
turkulad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
So, assuming that a deal gets worked out and we get an abbreviated season, what are the holes in our current lineup and how do we go about plugging them?

D. Sedin(6.1) - H. Sedin(6.1) - Burrows(2)
Higgins(1.9) - Kesler(5) - Booth(4.25)
Raymond(2.5) - Lapierre(1) - Hansen(1.35)
Weise(.615) - Malhotra(2.5) - ????

Bieksa(4.6) - Hamhuis(4.5)
Edler(3.25) - Garrison(4.5)
Ballard(4.2) - Tanev(.900)
Alberts(1.225)

Schneider(4)
Luongo(5.33)

Total Salary Committed: $65,820,000

Thoughts?
All I'm thinking is we badly need a capable 3rd line center. If Kesler is out, we need a more than capable 3rd line center who can also fill his spot for a while terri-badly. It feels so stupid to think we'd be icing a team with Sedin-Lapierre-Malhotra center depth with the competetiveness clock ticking away and the Sedins getting older every day, month, year..

After pondering my proposed Nielsen deal for a while now, I'm thinking another alternative could be a guy called Andy MacDonald, especially if that Jori Lehtera kid is willing to come to NA once he's finished tearing KHL a new one. Only thing is, I think we have nothing the Blues would need for a trade to happen. Then again MacDonald IS a pending UFA after this season (if such a thing comes), and they have an abundance of forwards as it is. So it might not be a impossible trade to be made. Maybe if assets from a Luongo deal are added into the mix?

Either way, all I'm seeing when checking NHL rosters are 3rd line centers to be had or not to be had. It's sad, really.