View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
jayswagger

vCash: 500
Good to be back after some time - good to see the boards still busy! Happy New Year all!

I remember reading a Tweet from James Mirtle - a Leafs season ticket holder said "I waited 7 years for my chance to buy a season ticket, I'm not giving them up because of a business dispute".

Every person here is a customer and a fan of the NHL. You either invest your time or money into the NHL product. I know I am, I can admit it. You could be buying merchandise, going to the games, watching on TV, listening on radio. All these translate into higher revenues for the NHL.

The radio stations get angry callers because the stations keep talking about the lockout. But the hosts themselves say the ratings when they talk about the NHL Lockout are higher than if they talk about other sports. What does that say about the sentiment of NHL fans?

Not a single one of us is in a position to really influence any change with the NHL.

And it's been said already - we're talking about all of this in an NHL Team forum on the web. Ironic?

Hockey is all around and can be found - but to an NHL fan, what does it matter? I know I'll return when the lockout is done - it's the confounded machine that the NHL and MLSE have brilliantly created out of me.

In the meanwhile, I'll still cheer for my Mississauga Steelheads - excellent hockey being played today in the GTA.

jayswagger is offline   Reply With Quote