View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkulad View Post
All I'm thinking is we badly need a capable 3rd line center. If Kesler is out, we need a more than capable 3rd line center who can also fill his spot for a while terri-badly. It feels so stupid to think we'd be icing a team with Sedin-Lapierre-Malhotra center depth with the competetiveness clock ticking away and the Sedins getting older every day, month, year..

After pondering my proposed Nielsen deal for a while now, I'm thinking another alternative could be a guy called Andy MacDonald, especially if that Jori Lehtera kid is willing to come to NA once he's finished tearing KHL a new one. Only thing is, I think we have nothing the Blues would need for a trade to happen. Then again MacDonald IS a pending UFA after this season (if such a thing comes), and they have an abundance of forwards as it is. So it might not be a impossible trade to be made. Maybe if assets from a Luongo deal are added into the mix?

Either way, all I'm seeing when checking NHL rosters are 3rd line centers to be had or not to be had. It's sad, really.
Been saying this since the playoffs ended. Center depth is huge for playoff success; much moreso than winger depth. My ideal return in a Luongo trade would be a deal based around a young, established 3rd line center who has 2nd line potential. Second line wingers are nice, but our second line is going to live or die on Kesler's shoulders anyways. We need a 3rd line center who brings balance to that line; more offense than Pahlsson, and more defense than Hodgson.

Tyler Bozak however is not the answer.