View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
I think it's perfectly fair to say he wasn't at the top of his game, regardless. He even admitted himself that while he was rehabbing his knee. But yeah... he was playing with utter slop that year and was nursing an injury all season.

To go back to a previous point -- size /= goonsquad.

I don't know how anyone could reasonably not want a little bit more size on this team, particularly on the back end. I would never, ever advocate bringing in (even more) goons to take up roster spots and not do much with them. And I almost always err on the side of talent over toughness but let's face it, here... this team is a little too small and a little too weak. Even some of our "jam" guys are half-midget-ish and just sort of... there.

I would love to get a couple of guys up front with some size, a willingness to use it to wear down the other team and maybe even some ability mixed in. And yes... I know that's easier said than done. That goes double for the defense... but that pool is so muddied right now that it's almost impossible to get a good read on what to expect.
If our small support players actually had a little more skill, I wouldn't be so adamant about size. I mean, Philly isn't all that big up front, but most of their smaller guys can actually create enough offense to make teams pay. Ours can't. Like you say, they're just kind of taking up space.

We could use more "load to handle" guys, one way or another. But I know I'm preaching to the choir here, haha.