Old
01-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Yup.

I'd like to see you give up $26 million when you have a family to support.

Oh poor ****ing Wade. He's made Millions upon Millions, his family is set for generations. And, had Wade decided to void his contract and play elsewhere, he would have been still getting paid. So don't give me that nonsense about him walking away from 26M.

Quote:
After the game, Redden told the Daily News that when this season ends, and he tries to chart a course back to the NHL, he will consider walking away from the remaining three years and $16.5 million on his Rangers contract.

"That's one of the options," Redden said. "There's that, there's coming back here, there's going to Europe. I don't know. It's a lot of money, but at the same time, I don't want to - it's only a short time that you have a career, so you want to be at the highest level as long as you can. Obviously, the money isn't the No. 1 thing."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz2GqaqkeYg

If I was a professional hockey player with millions in the bank, and had the choice of getting retirement money and playing in a mickey-mouse league, or continue playing in the NHL while being paid a respectable salary, it's a no mother****ing brainer. My poor family. Boo hoo. Instead of having 31M saved up when I retire, I'll have 20M.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote