View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 01:25 PM
blendini

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Not to mince words, but this is TOR's best shot to make the post-season. A shortened season is perfect for them. Over the long-haul, the cracks started to show and they couldn't keep pace. Over a shortened season, they can rely on bursts of good offense to rack up points. Match that with good-great goaltending, and they don't have a better shot than this year IMO.

It's all in how you see their team performing given the new parameters. I think they'll do better, especially with Carlyle behind the bench. TOR fans fear that they will do worse. Can't blame them, but I think it's an inaccurate assessment. They were right there over 50 games, then the wheels fell off.
It's too hard to predict what a short season will mean to any team. If what you say is true, then TO should make the playoffs without Lu. Even if they do, it is unlikely that Lu will take them to the promised land (he couldn't even do that with Van), I still think it is better for them to evaluate their goalies this year and hang on to their prospects and 1st pick. Next year, there will be a better pick of goalies on the ufa market.