View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geester76 View Post
f the Canadiens put him on the waiver they have to pay half is salary for this year 2.25M maybe 1.125M if half the season is play and the cap hit would be for the other team 7.35M for the season and 3.6M for the Cap hit. I think if we want to buy out a contract it should be someone else.
Re-entry waivers (the half and half stuff you mention) is reportedly being abolished.

If we put him on waivers, the team that claims him takes on 100% of his cap hit.

But either way...it's not an issue for this year. Even with Gomez counting we have 7.4 M of room in a 70 M cap (which seems like a lock, the NHL keeps proposing it). More than enough to re-sign Subban. Gomez could be in the AHL and still count on our cap in full...and it won't hurt us since I doubt we are buyers anyway.

And yes, there is a KHL-NHL agreement where they respect each other's contracts. Markov can not play in the KHL if the lockout ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
But not last year, at least not under a real NHL coach in JM, we were 11th in 5on5 scoring under JM last year.
It's not the same group of skilled forwards though. And it will be a totally different system so I am not sure what happened over a year ago is relevant.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote