View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Geester76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
No kidding. That was my point.

It is a team sport, not some development tournament for Galchenyuk. Everything seems to everyone else's fault.

Kuraly sucks. Coach sucks. Barber sucks. Trotchek sucks.

Who cares about how much icetime Gally gets when the USA wins 7-0? Who cares who Gally's linemates are when he leads the team in points?

Karuly is so bad that he fed a beauty behind the back pass that Galchenyuk couldn't finish. The PP mismanagment is so bad that Gaudreau potted a hattrick on Gally's backdoor position.

Just enjoy the damn tournament and Gally like a normal person. Hey guys, that move to split the D make space and dish it to Barber was pretty sick hey?

This tournament is not about Galchenyuk, it never was, it never will be. So when you look at it through this lens it leads to complete fallacy.
I totally agree with you Buddhasmoka1 people on this board are way to enamore by Galchenyuk and it cloud the judgment of posters and become haters of gally's teamates and coach. I will just start to say I am very glad that Galchenyuk has a great tournament so far point wise and I want to defends Phil Housley coaching in this tournament. Galchenyuk been a sure value in this tournament scoring at least one point per game but Housley other assets (aside Trouba) have not been producing as much at the start of the tournament. What do you do then? You invest all confidence on your sure shot value or you try to bolster the confidence of the team as a whole by playing them against good competition but not top 3 teams aka Canada Sweden and Russia. My analysis is that Galchenyuk had plenty of ice time against Canada and Russia and it wasn't enough to win those game. USA needs production from more players to win the tournament and for that they need confidence that is why Housley played is other players and it worked.I would say he's a good coach because you need a team to win a tournament not just one good player.