View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 02:08 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
A Ranger fan posted last season, that Reddan was a good mentor for the Whale blueliners.

If Vis and Streit both leave as ufa, would you favor Snow making a pitch for Redden,as the #7 d-man and mentor?
I highly doubt Streit would leave the Isles, he's got be priority #1 once this damn forsaken lockout is over. Damnit!

Visnovsky, he's a goner. So we would have Streit, Hamonic, and McDonald. You bet I'd take a chance on Redden if he's available in that fashion. I don't think it would hurt to at least offer him a spot in training camp and it would be all on him from there. I'm not comfortable having multiple rookies on the blue line, are you?

Granted, I know nothing of Redden ever since he was exiled to the AHL - I'm thinking a former premium player like him could handle sitting in the press box and imparting some knowledge and support to the swarm of prospects that we're hoping pan out. If he still sucks in training camp, cut him. No harm, no foul. It just seems like a minimal risk with a decent ROI move that Snow has repeatedly made during his tenure.

I don't know, but the Isles are 'local' considering his Ranger/Whale status. He wouldn't need to uproot at least. Plus, it would add one more element to the Isles-Rangers trash talk.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote