View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
[/B]

That's why the organization has Nonis. Nonis has made deals for the Leafs, and Burke gives him credit for the deals. With Gillis and Burke not being the best friends, I won't be surprised if it is Nonis that is doing most of the talking and negotiations.

A Goalie like Luongo is also a lot safer of a bet than signing a guy like Gustavsson, even though Burke hope for the same success he had with Hiller.

The Leafs will use the 'brain trust' to make a collective deal, if one is made of course.

Nonis is about the only saving grace Burke has. Nonis is a huge Luongo backer. So much so that I suspect that it is him driving the bus in talks behind the scenes. It may be Burke negotiating, but it's likely Nonis pushing him in this direction. Without him, I don't think Burke gives VAN a second thought.

Very good point about the brain trust taking things over. Nonis changed the make-up of the Canucks with Luongo at the centre. He knows the impact he can have. As a result, there's no one better to evaluate what exactly to give up for Luongo than Nonis.