Old
01-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
It's clear that Luongo will be dealt. The pieces coming back will need to address the playoff scoring issues of this team - which is the overall depth of their attack.

The Sedins have shown that they can be quieted for stretches in the playoffs - and with Kesler not being 100% in basically every playoff series ever, it's clear that this team needs additional offensive support.

Higgins/Raymond - Kesler(???) - Booth: This line is just frustrating to watch. No real chemistry and is entirely dependent on the health of Ryan Kesler. If he's ready to go to star the year (whenever that is) then great, if he's not the Canucks have a major question mark here.

As stated before, Tyler Bozak is nothing more than a stop gap solution. It's going to be interesting to see what the Canucks do here, but they need to fix their playoff scoring woes.

Far too much pressure on their goaltending and they need to be able to create chances and bury them. Not going to win many playoff games or series when you score 2 goals a game max.
I agree with the general gist of what you are saying. I would add that I think both Raymond and Booth have better to give than what they showed in the last year (or two, in Raymond's case). Both have battled some health and adjustment issues, but I agree that the X-Factor for that second line is Kesler. If he's not ready to go, a lot will depend on how Schroeder (if he is the one to get the call) performs in that role.