Thread: GDT: Lockout Thread II
View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 02:31 PM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
You have to admit though, with the run that the Oilers and now the Kings made since the cap was in place, the thought of adding a 9th and 10th seed is an interesting one. The only issue I'd have with it would be what to do with the format. DO you just tack an extra best of 7 series? The Stanley Cup is already the most difficult trophy to win in sports, having to win 16 games... Do you really want to make that 20 games? Who gets to sit out a round? Change the first round to best of 3 or 5? It'd completely screw up a format I really like.
If the league is realigning into 4 large groups and going back to the divisional playoff format, I'm guessing the 4 additional teams would be the 5th seeds in each group. Then 4/5 plays a short and quick 3 game series? Or if they stay with the current conference playoff format, then you add the 9th and/or 10th seeds, and they play the 7th and/or 8th seed in a short and quick 3 game series. An extra 7 game series could go two weeks, except if there were a lot of back to backs.

Unless it's just a one year thing, to get more excitement and money(mostly the money) after a short season.

More do-or-die games would be fun. That doesn't necessarily mean it should be done. It doesn't mean it shouldn't be done either. It's their league, they can do as they wish.

For me, 82 games is enough to figure things out for 16 playoffs teams. If they add 4 more, it's not going to stop me from watching or anything. I won't even complain about it. Just another team in the mix for the Kings to take a 3-0 series lead on.