View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 02:35 PM
PRNuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
I would love Schroeder to come up here and succeed in a top 6 role...but I just don't see him taking that next step. I hope I'm wrong. He has 99 points in 176 career games at the AHL level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's been criticized for his inconsistency as well. All I can say is, in a 48 game season, there isn't going to be time for this team's usual slow start. There is zero room for that this year.

One 5 or 6 game losing streak can do you in. Maybe even less. I think with this team getting older now is the time to take shots at winning the cup, having Jordan Schroeder centering your 2nd line is not exactly heading in that direction.

I know it may be a temporary solution though. I hope Gillis is targeting an offensive player above the level of Tyler Bozak.
I have faith in Schroeder because he's always seemed to be a fast starter (see rookie season at Minn and his first post season with the Moose) and he seems to play up to the level of those around him (better linemates in his first (best) season at Minn, great career production in the WJCs). Very excited to see what he can do with actual NHLers as linemates.