The Armchair GM Thread - Part XXX - Naughty Edition
View Single Post
01-02-2013, 02:36 PM
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡° ᴥ͡°)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Alright, since a lot of you guys absolutely despise the idea of using Bozak as our 3rd line center, who should we try to acquire?
- Matt Cullen? He's good at faceoffs and very fast, solid two-way guy who can put up 35-40 points, can play in the top 6 if needed and can play on the wing, won the cup with Carolina in 2006.
Downside: He plays for a division rival, and he seems to really like playing in Minnesota and fans think he'll retire there, so it might not be possible to acquire him.
- Dainius Zubrus? He's huge (6'5, 225lbs), good two-way forward who can play all three forward positions, can get 35-45 points and can play in the top 6 if needed.
Downside: Sucks at faceoffs, and the Devils might want to keep him and try to re-sign him in the off-season.
- Nik Antropov? He's huge (6'6, 245lbs), physical, decent two-way forward who can play on the wing and top 6 if needed, is capable of putting up 40-50 points.
Downside: Sucks at faceoffs, very little playoff experience, and Winnipeg might only move him for an upgrade since they want to push for a playoff spot.
- Andy McDonald? He's essentially a top 6 forward easily capable of putting up 55-65 points (if he could play a full season), and he's good at faceoffs.
Downside: Extremely injury prone and has concussion problems, and St. Louis might not want to move him since they are a playoff team.
- Eric Belanger? Is very good at faceoffs, solid two-way player,
get 30-35 points.
Downside: Was very bad last season, plays for a division rival, not much playoff experience. And unlike the guys I mentioned above, he isn't someone you want playing in the top 6 if there are injuries.
I didn't put Frans Nielsen on that list because there is no chance he will be available until the off-season (since Strome has to play the full season in the CHL), and only a few fans have entertained the idea of moving him for a d-man.
* also note that all of the guys I listed (excluding Belanger) are upcoming UFAs. It's safer to get an upcoming UFA since the salary cap will be shrinking and guys like Edler, Higgins, and Lapierre will be getting raises, and Schroeder could be ready to center the 3rd line next season.
made my avatar
Last edited by Nuckles: 01-02-2013 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Nuckles