View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 02:48 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuick View Post
Number of lottery balls is determined by number of playoff appearances in the last 3 seasons. Since Detroit has made the playoffs the past 3 years, they only get one ball.. Assuming they use the same system as 2005.
Youre right I was off on that one but for what its worth, 3 teams with 1 ball picked in the top 10 in 2005 including one in the top 5.

I actually hope there isnt a season so that these idiots wallets take a hit but also so the wings have a chance of sneaking into the top 10 with a pick. Hit the right guy in the top 10 and they could get a guy to build around for the future. They could still end up with a 30th overall pick as well but I'm not scared of the risk really.

Assuming the wings pick around 15 I'm looking at Max Domi, Kerby Rychel, Nichuskin, or Mantha. Someone like Gauthier (6'5 center) would be pretty nice.

Now I usually hate the amount of smaller forwards Detroit takes but a guy who may fall toward Detroits range is Hunter Shinkaruk. He isnt big but watching him at the world junior camp the guy is awesome. Competes hard and is dynamic offensively. If we could get a hold of him he could be in a red wing jersey soon, hes not a soft player but doesnt have the size to be really physical in the NHL. Has potential to be a feisty scorer with a little bit of agitator to him

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote