View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 03:03 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Before the tournament I much preferred Gost. Skjei hasn't been doing much and was bottom pairing on the Gophers roster. He was also struggling down the stretch into the WJC evaluations and I knew he was likely going to struggle on the big stage against the best Jr. players in the world. From a pure development standpoint, it really makes little difference whether if Skjei played on the WJ team or stayed back at Minnesota. In fact, he's been getting more ice time right now with the Gophers than he would've with USA. He played really well against #1 seed BC. He's getting more ice time with Reilly at the WJC.
Fair enough. As far as I've seen, Ghost has been good at times and just average at others. Like almost every player in this tournament, there will be times that he'll remind you just how young of a player he really is, but there will be others where you'll see why scouts have raved about him. All of these guys are incomplete players. It'll be another 2-3 years before you start to see a finished product out of any of them.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote