View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 04:24 PM
supert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
He's 17th in the AHL in points among U-24 players. He's playing on one of the lowest scoring teams in the entire league (only 5 teams have lower goal totals).

They lack any NHL talent forwards other than Schenn and Couturier. If it wasn't for those 2 and the goalie, they would arguably be the worst team in the league.

The two of them have accounted for some absurd percentage of the teams points so far this year.

I like how you said he'll "top off" as a 2nd or 3rd line defensive C.

Quite a few people disagree with you.

Former NHL scout Grant Sonier:

"Playing meaningful minutes in 2011-12 and accepting and understanding the defensive side of the game is only going to work in his favor. With size, skill and elite hockey sense, Couturier will eventually start producing numbers on par with the elite players in the league."

Corey Pronman, NHL Prospects writer for hockeyprospectus.com:

"This time last summer, I considered Couturier and Schenn 1A and 1B prospects, but this year I've flipped the A and the B. Couturier had the more successful season, logging unusually tough defensive minutes for his age. He's not just a checker, however, as he has a ton of offensive potential as well."

His projection of Couturier in the Summer of 2011 for the Flyers top 10 prospect list:

"Projection: An above-average first line center who safely projects as a below-average first line center."

Your own chief scout Stu MacGregor on Couturier:

"Projection: "I think he could be a first-line centre."
Come on , I am an Oiler fan , but please do not think all Oiler fans are the same . In his draft year It was between him and RNH for the first over all until he got sick with mono . I want Couturier because of his size and 2 way game . If we go back on the Oilers boards there were others that wanted Couturier too . I am glad we Got RHN . But i would have been happy with Couturier too . For those who say he a second or third line center , take a look back to his draft year and see he was consider to be in the running for first overall . When was the last time a player was talked about going first over all that would top out at a 3rd line center ? Never .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote