View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Alklha

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Yes he is a great player but the time off doesn't make his past concussion issues go away. As a smaller player, one more hit to his head and he could be gone for a while. He's just risky. So, yeah, he'd have to take a discount. And I don't think the Blues would be "desperate" for him to stay. I agree that he is one of the more dynamic players on our team and I'm sure management would like him back, but this Blues team that just finished 2nd in the West with McDonald only playing 25 games is not exactly desperate. Let's remember that and not act like the rest of our team is complete crap.
Much of an overreaction to one word? "Desperate" might be the wrong word, but we'll certainly be working very hard to convince him to stay!

Time off doesn't make his injury past disappear, but it does help the situation. His age isn't the issue at this point, just his injury aspect. It is no more of a risk to sign McDonald for a couple of years at $3.25m per than it is to expect Schwartz is going to be anywhere capable of replacing him over the next couple of years.

Of course, if we were going to throw money at someone like Stephen Weiss in FA then it would make much more sense to let McDonald go.