View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Obryantj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I'm sick, but I'll attempt to respond in a cohesive manner.
I hope you're feeling better. There's a lot of sick people around here as well.

Quote:
The players, maybe. I like building players the way I want them. I never really thought about it. I guess the main draw is competition. It's fun playing against people you 'know'. It's just too bad that the US leagues suck as far as conversation goes. If I'm not posting in my league topic, then no one is posting in my league topic.
I enjoy developing players and interacting with other people as well. I've had less time to devote towards those aspects lately, but they're also important pieces of the game to me.

Quote:
I'll be honest, I don't give a crap about the Force's attempt to be the best team in the game. That really has nothing to do with that I want. But of course I want to affect the other top teams ability to keep their stranglehold on the top of the table. This is not just a US problem.

However, as I've said in the past, the Force is the worst case scenario. When I was getting sponsor info from everyone, he was making at least 65M. The next best team in the US was making 35M. Only 4-5 teams were making more than 20M. That's ****ing stupid.
Was that before or after the economic changes?

This is probably one of the issues that we disagree the most on. The Force have accomplished everything they need to in the USA. A big part of the reason he has, and is, making so much more than anyone else in the USA is his OTR. He's dominated the National Cup and I.1 for a long time, but his performance in the Champion's League is (and I feel, should be) reflected in that number as well.

Another big part of the equation is the Human Resources facility. He's maxed out, the Psychos will be maxed out in time for sponsorship offers. The other tier 2 teams (High Headerz, Razorback Thugs and Goldfish) have level 12 HR facilities. The level 12 HR facilities definitely comes as a surprise to me. Both of our teams are at HR-13. I find it hard to believe that those 3 teams at HR-12 haven't had the opportunity to invest in HR recently.

I'm not saying that he should be making twice as much as the tier 2 teams, but he should be making a good chunk more than them. Reward him for doing well, especially in the Champion's League, and don't punish him for investing in his HR facility more than other teams. I understand he's had more money to invest in HR, but it's included in the "Big 4" Facilities as a reason. Why aren't all of the top teams putting money into HR?

As another reference point for your study, I'm making about 27.75M per week in hockey now.

Quote:
Yes. You've done quite well in soccer. Does this mean you deserve to make so much more money than everyone else? I think I've been in the top 5 all but two seasons, maybe three. And I'm making a ****ton of money. It's actually less fun for me. I don't know who else is making 30M+, but if you're not, you're not catching anyone who is. I'm just guessing, but you're probably over 60M by now. Certainly 50M. There's teams in I.1 making less than 15M. How can they compete? Competition is what this should be about.
My sponsorship deals are currently at 50.9M per week. I'm not sure what FC Corona is getting, but I'm assuming its 10+% more.

My weekly expenses are about 25.7M. That's higher than most teams, but I'd argue that the vast majority of my expenses provide a positive return on investment. That's been my thought for many seasons and has helped cause my revenue to increase.

I did expect teams like the Mouth Breathers to be earning more than they are.

Quote:
Come on. You can't talk about any success in hockey. Half of I.1 quit a few seasons ago. You got lucky enough to be propelled into a playoff spot which boosted your sponsors a bit, but it has very little to do with what you did. If just half of those teams had stayed around, you would be sitting in 11th or 12th and stagnating. Unless the recent changes actually helped those teams.
I'm not sure what teams quitting has to do with teams that started before me and still playing hanging out in Division II or III (not a hit on you, you have a long-term strategy) or the relegation zone in Division I. But yes, my team (and every other team) moved up the rankings due to teams quitting.

Quote:
So you prefer a game that favors the winners to such an extent that it will take a new team 5 years to catch up? That's a good time frame for you? This game will die if something isn't done to fix it. Most people are looking for a reason to quit as soon as they figure out how bad it is.
5 years is fine with me. As long as I can make some sort of progress each season, this yes, I can handle 5 years to compete for a Division I title. That may not be the popular opinion, but my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's and I don't want my opinion to be ignored because I was too lazy to bring it up.

I should probably mention at this point that I grew up as a Cubs fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Statistically I don't have a top of the top team, but your team is as good as mine right now. I'm a bit better with my best guys in there, but it's still close. Looking at the analysis, you play a lot of games on Low. Ever considered bumping that up? Obryantj always ends the season with his starters in the low 70's and they still perform. So I've decided to burn through a lot more energy this season in an attempt to keep up instead of trying to make a late season run.
I've conserved a bit more energy so far this season, but playing games at a higher difficulty was important to my success in past seasons.

Quote:
That's the biggest difference between the Atomics and Boilermakers. While I had Mids playing at forward for 3seasons, he's had Sandy Bragg banging in goals since early in season 1.
Bragg has been a great player for my team, no doubt. McCready is better though, in terms of both attributes (besides passing) and effective quality, and is younger. I understand he was pulled as a goalie, but he's still a better player than Bragg. You also won a I.1 title with the league's leading scorer in season 2, just a season before pulling McCready.

Quote:
I didn't realize Canada was being dominated. That sucks.
Kenora and NKDJ are tied for the top OTS in North America. It looks like they've both done it by purchasing players and spending less on infrastructure than FC Corona and myself.