View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 06:32 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
Very, very true.

That illustrates the point much better, actually.
Well, that's really what stars on the PK do. They keep the PP honest. You can't pass through the box at will. You can't make high risk passes, especially around the point. And, that just goes to another level in the playoffs.

When Staal was more committed as a defensive player, he was a beast on the PK. He wasn't last year. The fear factor that came with high risk passing in the offensive zone wasn't there. With Sid and Geno, it would be there.

Yeah, there's a risk of injury. But, there's a risk of injury anytime.

One more thing: I think-- I've always thought-- that playing on the PK is good for Geno. He's a 'flow of the game' player. You want him engaged. Getting PK minutes tends to keep him more engaged. Not a guarantee, but it has the potential to improve what he can give you in the same way that giving him (or Sid) linemates enhances the likelihood that you'll get more for the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I disagree. It seems like many posters think every player we put out on the PK is at a huge risk of injury. How many times has Staal, Cooke, Adams, Duper, Vitale been badly injured from playing the PK? The reality is that it doesn't happen THAT often. Plus, we don't have to be the NYR that sit back and stack the house with shot blockers. With Sid and Geno on the PK, we are pressing and forcing them. Will they have to block shots? Absolutely, but not nearly as often as you make it seem.

They should get time on the PK, but not a prominent role IMO.
THIS

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote