View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Ceremony
SKYLERWHITEBESTWHITE

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
In my opinion, Hejda, Zanon, Hunwick are all wasted roster spots. Retain, Johnson, Wilson, O'Brien & O'Byrne, and get two new defensemen (one needs to be a true number one D-man), and one of which should be either Barrie or Elliott.

Heck, we'd even get 7.1 million back in cap space from shedding those under achievers.

We are "decent" in attack, "outstanding" in goal, "woefully poor" in defense. In fact, I'd like to challenge anyone to advise which defensive group as it stands right now, is worse than ours?
You're in luck! There is a poll series currently which explores this very subject: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1314607

Hejda isn't as bad as you make him out to be, and going by the top sixes there I'd say we're on par with if not better than Columbus, the Islanders, Tampa, Toronto and maybe Detroit, though they certainly have better individuals than we do and I'd expect Smith to be decent when he plays.

Our defense is very poor all things considered, but it's no worse than 25th in the league, I think.