View Single Post
01-02-2013, 06:45 PM
vCash: 580
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
There has been a lot of talk of Reilly making jump to the NHL if the lockout ends, which seems very unrealistic to me. He has a lot of natural talent but needs to get stronger in his own end. Would not be upset to see him back in the WHL next year, even, where he would be one of the main players on next year's WJ Squad.
He's just not ready IMO. I get that he's dominating junior but he's only 18, there are only a very select few that are able to translate their game as a teenager into the best hockey league in the world against men who are a lot more physical and intimidating then they are. I know there are some on here who want to see these prospects as soon as possible but more times than not it shrinks their development. Reilly should go back to junior next year and just keep dominating and developing his game. He'll be ready when he's ready. You can't force things.

I truly believe that was Schenn's downfall, he got hyped a ton, he looked good and the team wanted to show the fan base our prize prospect, he makes the team has a good first year and then his development gets lost with all the pressure that comes with going into your second and third years. He starts feeling it, gets put on his opposite side on D and **** hits the fan..I hope something like this doesn't happen with Reilly.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote