Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
With Cowen out of the lineup and an AHLer in Wiercoch or Benoit likely to replace his spot... I think Karlsson will see a lot of PK time. I predict a lot more shorthanded chances created for the Sens and a lot more SH goals. Plus an end to the criticism of Karlsson for not playing PK minutes.

Karlsson is so young and is having a monster month in Finland just in time for the NHL season to start soon I hope. I could see a 29 or 30 minute a game Karlsson that plays a big role on the PK as well as the PP. Honestly does anyone every remember Karlsson seeming tired on the ice? He is a mule... he goes and goes even if he is thin and young. I would have no problem with Karlsson playing the full 2 minutes of most PPs and playing a huge role on the PK. How else will Karlsson get better on the PK then playing large minutes on the #1 unit? I think he will learn. To be elite on the PK. What has he not got incredibly better at month over month, year over year? He might not have mastered containing big bodies down low... but he is among the best in the NHL with his stick picking pucks away from guys on the boards or anywhere and also breaking up passes. With our likely 2nd or 3rd best defenceman sidelined for the potential short season (fingers crossed) what better time to just let Karlsson play half the game? What better chance do we have to win and what better way to really let him dominate? I am sure he would LOVE playing 29, 30, 31 minutes a game. All the most important minutes.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote