View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 09:26 PM
tjcurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The Hawks were brutal when Kane came to town and before his ELC was up they had a Stanley Cup. Says a lot about Kane.
That's a credit to him, but let's face it, they gathered a ton of talent in a quick period of time. Kane was just a piece. A nice piece, but just one piece. Kovalev was darn good for the Rangers in their Cup run in just his second season. So you can't take anything away from him really.

I'm not saying Kovalev is the better player here, honestly it's a tough choice and to me the one thing that holds me back from saying Kovalev is the big knock on him - that he's not easily motivated. I never liked him much because of that so maybe I would take Kane. Hard choice though as Kovalev is all-world talent (probably above Kane) himself and did have a darn good career. I'm just saying I wouldnt use the beginning of their careers to make a comparison. Different teams/situations and Kane is still fairly wet behind the ears to be truly compared with a guy who has played almost 20 years.