Thread: u17 camp
View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 09:23 PM
OSA

vCash: 500
Well, as hard as it is to believe, Team Ontario will not be playing for a medal this year.

Hats off to the Quebec goaltender, he played really well. That being said there was a lot of sloppy play from Team Ontario tonight as well as some selfish and costly penalties. There is so much talent on that roster but when adversity struck, it seemed that far too many players were looking for someone else to step up and bail the team out.

McDavid played well as usual. Ho-Sang seemed to generate some scoring chances in the first half of the game but unfortunately his play didn't carry through. Forgive me for singling him out, but I thought Roland McKeown was terrible. I only bring him up specifically because I was expecting so much more from him. His poor puck control and some questionable decisions wasted far too many good scoring opportunities. I can only assume that his shoulder is still not 100%. While I bring up McKeown because I feel more should be expected from him, too many players lacked precision in their game tonight and it cost the team dearly.

I think we will look back at the roster for this team and wonder how on earth they didn't go undefeated, destroying teams en route to the gold medal.

OSA is offline   Reply With Quote