View Single Post
Old
12-11-2003, 10:05 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
I don't disagree with this, Steve. Though he let in a couple of softies, he was hung in effigy for the failings of the team as a whole. After all, the team that ran right through them had their own goaltender who could only be handled with oven mits, and the did end up representing the Western Conference in the Finals, so it's not like it was a complete fluke.

Regardless, I don't see the Flyers as a buyer in any other goaltender unless both Hackett and Esche go down for good. I like their tandem, and I haven't felt this way about the Flyer goaltending situation in a long time.
Last year was Cujo's fault. he did not give up many goals BUT the ones he did came at crucial times. sound familiar? Hexy, Beezer, Cechmanek. should i continue?
too many ppl point to the GAA and say oh it wasnt his fault. its WHEN you give up the goals not how many you give up. And many of those goals were softies, the ones you have to stop. we get Cujo and we are no better off then we are now. I will take my chances with Hackett and Esche. I think the team trusts these guys in goal unlike the last few seasons with Mr.Bean.
That being said these next 2 games are a HUGE test to see where we are. NJ allways seems to get the lucky goal, the lucky break against us and when you have Broduer in net al you need is 1 allot of the time.
If we get 3 points this weekend i will be estatic. if we spilit i'll be happy still since we would have completed a gruelling 8 game in 12 night, 6 games in 10 night stretch in pretty good shape.