View Single Post
Old
01-02-2013, 11:57 PM
GFS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Of the options given I'd take Dustin Brown.

I do think it's a poor idea to divide the polls by LW and RW though, since so many players switch sides so often. For example:
- Lupul and Brown are both "natural" RWs, but both played LW last year simply due to team needs (to allow Kessel/Williams to stay at RW). So why is Brown on the LW poll, but Lupul on the RW poll?
- Kovalchuk and Neal are the opposite, both "natural" LWs, but both played RW last year (to allow Parise/Kunitz to stay at LW). Why is Kovalchuk on the LW poll, but Neal on the RW poll?

It seems completely arbitrary. A massive number of wingers cannot really be classified as LWs or RWs, some years they play more RW, some they play more LW, depending on team needs. Really it makes more sense to have polls just for wingers in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I agree. Defensemen don't switch sides any more than wingers do and yet defense is a general position while wing is divided into left and right. Makes no sense to me.
Thanks for posting your suggestions since you two make some very good points. I am also conflicted at times with how to determine which position a player plays since there can be a lot of gray area involved. I separated the polls into LW and RW based on the suggestion of another poster. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to stop running this poll. Maybe do one more to make it a top 15 LWers?

GFS is online now   Reply With Quote