View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 03:01 AM
Qvist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I wish that they would have it so the amount of teams with 3 balls (6) are put into a draw for the 1st 6. Then, the ones with 2 (7?) are put into a draw, and awarded the 7-14 group of picks. Then, the rest of picks are awarded.
Why this obsession with avoiding a good team getting a good prospect, as if that was some sort of unfortunate anomaly? A lottery draft is the only fun part of this hockey year. And, there has been no season, and there is really no legitimate basis on which to distribute assets. And no, it's not "unfair". It's not a **** team's god given right to get a top prospect, it's just how the NHL normally chooses to distribute one of its assets to make it easier for the less gifted to make some money occasionally. No season, no ditribution. In theory, the Jackets might have finished 3rd overall, or the Wings 27th.

For my part I'd rather just see every team get one ball each irrespective of recent playoff performance, for an equal chance. Fairer, more logical and much more fun.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote