View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 02:07 AM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
At this point, for me, I'm having a hard time trying to find a reason to pick anyone besides Jones 1st overall. I think teams are built on the blueline, and Jones is exactly the kind of guy you would want to build your franchise around.

MacKinnon, Barkov and Drouin are all right there in the discussion but I think Jones has to be the guy for me at this point.
What if your Davidson/Howson and by chance, Columbus got the first pick. Already having Murray, do you still draft Jones and have a Jones/Murray pairing(not sure if they both play on the same side or not)? Can they be a Keith/Seabrook or a Weber/Suter type of tandem? Or do you pick Mackinnon and go with a 1-2 punch of Mackinnon and Johansen. Then hope Murray, Erixon,Moore, etc can be strong enough on the back end. Or maybe even trade the pick and drop down a couple of spots and then draft Drouin. Columbus adds some extra pieces and still get a solid player. Some say Drouin is more of a play maker but it looks like he can score. Johansen was projected to be a Thornton/Sedin like passer so if Johansen lives up to expectation, him feeding Drouin would be nice.