View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 06:32 AM
turkulad

vCash: 500
Players such as Nuckles has proposed are the plan B of all plan B's for the 3rd center solution. Knowing Gillis, however, I'd wager he doesn't spend an unbalanced amount of assets to get any one particular younger solution (unless Ballard/Raymond can be used) so we might even have to settle for one of them.

For reasons stated, Cullen can't be had and Belanger shouldn't be had. Zubrus could be had but I have no idea what NJ would want other than an overpayment. MacDonald was already one option mentioned, but wouldn't come cheap because of St. Louis' emergence as a top-tier team.

Antropov might actually be the best alternative because Winnipeg have Jokinen/Little/Burmi/Wellwood and Scheifele coming up at the center position so if they'd be trading from their strength, and I seriously doubt they would offer him what he'd like - their equivalent of our Armchair thread has fans offering him 1y/2m, and I'd guess moving to Vancouver and having a better chance at the cup could really entice him. I'd say we can get him for a playoff rental price, and getting a player of his caliber would be getting a Higgins/Lapierre all over again. We might even give him a 1,75/2y or something like that so he gets the stability, assuming we are dead set on getting rid of Ballard and Luongo. Of course we'd have Schroeder slotting in his spot in our minds, but who knows, really.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows (Don't mess with it)
Booth - Kesler - Higgins (Give it time)
Raymond - Antropov - Kassian (When you think of it it's essentially another 2nd line if all clicks)
Malhotra - Lapierre - Hansen

I like it. He can fill in for Kesler for a while succifiently enough, he was 69GP 15+20=35 last season but almost 70 points two seasons apart.. And when our young guns come around in the next two years, Antropov can switch to Raymond's slot on the wing.