Thread: GDT: 2013 WJC's Thread II
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Its partly a matchup problem. USA knows how to play us hard and often enough have our number. I said as much in the round robin game where the US had their way with us most of the game and we somehow eked out a W despite being badly outplayed in the final two periods. People here said I was wrong, overreacting, that Canada should have won the game in the first etc. WEll, the USA stomped us for 4 consecutive periods and this is the result you get, inevitably losing the big game.

I say you don't win many games where you lose most of the periods. We had trouble matching intensity and game plan with the US and wavered and strayed. We were hot and cold in this tourney precisely like last year, or the year before, or the year before..

US played a smart game again, played much better as a team than we did, and predictably got the win against a collection of individuals that never bonded and rarely looked like a team.

A sad day and just another notch in a very sad hockey season. Hopefully this isn't forboding of what 2013 brings.

Theres been no hockey under the Christmas tree folks.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote