View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 07:46 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Well, it's difficult IMHO to make judgements from that because for all we know maybe he was upset because his dog did get run over and his girlfriend was cheating on him, and it had nothing whatsoever to do with what was happening on the ice.

Did you ever read "Faithful" by Steven O'Nan and Stephen King? There was a passage in that book that O'Nan wrote that's always stayed with me, when he went off on Curtis Leskanic because Leskanic shook his head after somebody hit a massive home run off him, saying something like "Why are you shaking your head, you idiot?" being all furious about it, like Leskanic was mad at the hitter. How did he know what Leskanic was thinking? Perhaps he was shaking his head because he was upset with himself. "I can't believe I threw that pitch!" not "I can't believe he hit that pitch!"
I get what you are saying, but it doesn't apply here. I was there and he most certainly was not upset at himself

It could have been anything, but combined with the fact that after he was sent down to PRO, Caron did nothing for the better part of a month, guessing he was a little upset at the demotion (which is fine), AND let it affect his play (which is not fine).

To his credit he rebounded nicely later on. Have only seen him once this year, and didn't even realize he was playing until halfway through the game.

Last edited by GloryDaze4877: 01-03-2013 at 07:55 AM.