View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 07:46 AM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coo1beans View Post
With the end of the lockout looming and a shortened season around the corner. It got me thinking about teams that always seem to start off really well for about half a season and then fall off the face of the earth, and then there are teams that are garbage and then come spring, play a ridiculous game of catch up only to miss the playoffs by a point as the 9th seed.

So given that the sample size this year will be much smaller, which teams do you think will do well enough for the short amount of time to make the playoffs that normally wouldn't be considered a playoff team given a regular 82 game schedule?
I think the Kings benefit the most.

When a team wins the Cup they play well into June, then they have to stick around and do the parade and lots of press and so on. I'm not saying it is a hard thing for them to do, just that training camp comes a heck of a lot sooner for the Cup winner than even the Cup loser.

When the Bruins won the Cup some of those guys had a 2 week vacation from Boston before they came back for camp. After something as intense as winning 4 playoff series and then all the celebrations then you have to go right to work planning your new season. They need to have a place to live, some of them sign contracts. etc.

So I think this is great for the Kings in that way.

It also may be good for a team like Toronto who the last year was a playoff team for half the season.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote