Thread: GDT: 2013 WJC's Thread II
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Krut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
Pretty easy why we lost again, we need a save. You never win a big game if goaltending is average.
Go back to last year, does sweden win with Canada's goalie? Or does Canada win with Swedens goalie?
You can complain about defense all you want but a goalie is your last line of defense. Your never going to hold a opposing team to 0 shots.
We outshoot them once again, and had plenty of scoring chances, yet their goaltender out played ours by plenty

That was the game folks
I'm usually the first guy to jump on a goalie for a horrible performance, but that wasn't even close to the cause today.

The first period was maybe the worst period I have ever seen Canada play at the juniors. Puck focused, brain dead defensive play, terrible puck management, incoherent breakout schemes, and the inability to complete a pass were all apparent in spades in the first, and that set the tone for the game.

The team was just flat out unprepared.

You could see that one team was well coached, well prepared, and all bought in fully to a very strong system. Canada? Based on this game I'm not completely sure they were even playing a system.

It's time for Hockey Canada to audit how we choose our team, head scout, and coaching staff, because we've been following the same damn script for three years now, and it's embarrassing.

Krut is offline   Reply With Quote