View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 08:50 AM
KL14

vCash: 500
Super League

I agree, talk about a super league and moving to a different web site part way through a season are separate issues. On the first point, I would be great see some other teams from the RSL as part of inter league play instead of just Metro/Valley teams all of the time. Balance becomes an issue but stuff like this can be sorted out.

Having said this, the EOJHL needs to find what its mandate is in terms of developing players. I have seen some OHL and Q scouts at games but I am sure they are there looking a specific players and not there as a general scouting assignment. The problem with player development is that the EOJHL teams are not on the ice enough. 42 games with practice once a week is not doing much to develop players. This is not a criticism, it is just a fact of players availability, the dream being over for the older players, and finally the finances to buy more ice time for games and practices.

JR B is great spot for 16 and 17 year old players, beyond that, the older guys are there for the love of the game, they are not there to practice two the three times per week on top of two games.

What could a super league do that would be any different from the current format. Perhaps with less teams the quality of play could be better, but it still will not attract any more scouts (IMO).

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote