View Single Post
Old
12-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Dave Scatchard is perfect thanks. Are there any others? Thomas is from another era!

Cole, Dupuis and King are interesting but they are more prospects that panned out better than expected and they did manage some PPG + seasons.

Rycroft also fits.. just. Surely there are more?

I do have an ulterior motive as well as a genuine interest in the topic. Ben Eager is no scoring demon even though he is showing a lot of progress and if any prospect has a hard time even reaching PPG then its hard to consider them a good prospect. Eager is often compared to Brad May who had a far far superior record in juniors and is only a useful NHL grinder.
Eager is a fighter who can skate. His hands aren't really NHL calibre, and his hockey sense is very poor and that is why he is producing so little. Having seen Eager play for quite a long time, i don't see him ever being a significant producer at the NHL level. I saw him at rookie camp games, and he lacks serious hockey sense. He'll make it because he is big, fast and can fight, but he won't bring much more than that.