View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Wingsfan2965*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
As of right now Gardiner is better and more proven and younger than smith, Rielly is a better prospect than sproul while ouellet is better than Finn. Hardly a small difference, but I don't think it'll be long before Detroit is selected. I personally feel they are just behind buffalo, Toronto, Winnipeg and Anaheim (in no order) and in the same range as Montreal and Edmonton.
I wouldn't say Gardiner is better. More proven certainly. People can claim Smith had a small NHL sample all day, which is true, but it's not like that sample was any positive difference from the rest of his career. It was small, but it follows the trail of offensive dominance that he's left behind.

For that, I'd put Smith and Gardiner at even, although I'm sure in the next few years we're going to find out who's better.

Also, I think you got the comparisons backwards. I'd compare Ouellet and Reilly and Sproul and Finn. Reilly is better than Ouellet (But then, Ouellet is developing much better than anybody expected he would) but Sproul is better than Finn.

So it could go either way, and I wouldn't have a problem with Toronto, but one should follow the other pretty quickly, and I doubt that's gonna happen in this case.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote