View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
The Spits problem is simple, three quarters of that team are very soft in all areas and easy to play against. The rest of them don't do much of anything in terms of production. At this level that isn't going to win many games. Soft teams don't win on the road and this team is proof positive of that. The organization has failed to recognize marshmellows from hockey players.

As far as the great tough guy debate. Do what the Knights do and just call a kid up let him get a few fights in and call another one up.
Agreed. Over the past 3 seasons we have seen Rychel acquire Tarini, Clouthier, Clark, stick with guys like Bilcke, Bowen all of whom are quite limited and that isn't including the host of other plugs that have gone through those doors. I know some believe you need some super tough guy but with the decline of fighting you don't need those guys. It's not like Windsor needs a tough guy when they face Guelph, Saginaw, Kitchener, Sarnia. Even if you played London with the way things are right now you could get away with it because like you said they call a guy up in those cases. So out of those teams I mentioned you play 26 games that's including London in that group. The east is notorious for a softer brand of hockey teams like Brampton, Niagara, Barrie and Peterborough don't engage much physically. So right there half your games are against teams that don't push the envelope with fighting. Windsor still leads the league in fighting by a clear margin. It's interesting you mention the team is soft and can't win on the road but I thought having intimidators like Clark, Blicke and Bowen would have this team be more aggressive and play not afraid? Or at least that's what I am told by the people that are pro fight guys.