Old
01-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Well put.
I dunno about this year. I usually use this excuse every year too that they should/could have picked better players. I don't think that was the case this year though. I think on paper they had the best squad they could have had other than Murray being injured.

The fact is the guys that were selected were just brutal. I've seen Murphy getting smashed in here and rightfully so, this tournament has shown through how much of a one-dimensional d-man he is and why the coaching continually kept putting him out there is beyond me. Futher more to that Hamilton was a joke for much of this tournament imo and I have no idea how Huberdeau was named the outstanding player in his CHL's team memorial cup win. Maybe it's just on the world level but I haven't seen anything from this kid compared to the hype machine at TSN. I think he will be a bit better than the Kadri bust area but at this point I'm not expecting a whole lot from him for an NHLer.

Really going back to the main point it seemed that if RNH wasn't on this team Canada likely would have had a date in the quarter finals this year. Seemed hte team relied on him every game to generate offense. Only other player to generate offense in this tourney was Strome. Then you look at a squad like the Americans where Galchenyuk was the go-to guy but he didn't need to be the guy every game. That team as a whole stepped up the entire tournament. They had a game plan and stuck to it.

Oh well it's just another blown year for Canada at one of these tournaments. I have no idea who will take this team by the reigns next year. It's looking like Drouin will be the man, which isn't a bad thing but I don't know what else he will have for a supporting cast. They need to get some gritty kids that can get the job done physically, it shocks me every year when the Jenners, Lipons and Camara's lighten up on their physical role because they have no idea how to do it responsibly and without taking huge penalties.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote