Thread: NHL 14: Wishlist
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Benzy19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
One of the biggest flaws is prospects/development system.

They need something like FIFA 13 has, the ability to hire scouts with an internal budget.

Then on a giant map like FIFA 13, you can choose which country you can scout and for how long. The countries would include,

Australia
Austria
Belarus
Canada
China (maybe)
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Hungary
Italy
Japan
Kazakhstan
Latvia
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Russia
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Korea
Sweden
Switzerland
Ukraine
United Kingdom
United States

And there would be realistic potential. Like majority of NHL players would come out of the United States than Japan, but Japan's version of Anze Kopitar can be generated in the 8th year of a GM league.

After that when you draft a player every offseason (based on his potential) he grows and gains weight. I'm sick of seeing all these players in '13 that already are 6'6, 6'9, 6'4 and 240s+ at 18, LOL. Next they need absolutely retool their database of players, FIFA 13 has great names for players if they come from either Italy or South Africa. Some players I got were named Georgio D'Alessandro from Italy and Efan Sfhanku from South Africa.

Next thing I love about FIFA's development includes how much time they got on the first team, how much time they get on loans, and how to balance that out. Just make it more hockey related, how much they improve in juniors for project type players while better prospect probably could develop better with time in the NHL instead.

Also they need to add many more leagues,

USHL and NAHL
ECHL
Mestis (Finland II)
KHL (Russia)
VHL (Russia II)
MHL (Russia CHL)
1. liga (Czech II)
NLB (Suiss II)
2. Bundesliga (Germany II)
Erste Bank Liga (Austria+others main)
AL-Bank Ligaen (Denmark main)
Get Ligaen (Norway main)
Extraliga (Slovakia main)
EIHL (United Kingdom main)
HockeyAllsvenskan (Swedish II)
Asia hockey League

All these leagues would totally boost ultimate team by a million percent.
I agree 100% with the scouting system, and they do need to add more leagues but not that many. I would say just add the KHL, MHL, ECHL, USHL, NAHL and the 2nd tier leagues from Sweden, Finland and Czech.

Benzy19 is offline   Reply With Quote