Old
01-03-2013, 10:55 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Blake played 13 seasons for the Kings, and just over 4 for the Avs. If anyone retires his jersey, it'd be us.

What are the two occassions? Are you referring to the two trades? I don't see how he turned the knife on us in the first trade then if that's the case. We dealt him, got arguably the best package for a UFA to be in league history, and would have had a great transition out of the dark ages through that deal if Deader didn't get hurt and retire and DT's draft crew could have done anything decent with those draft pick assets.

The second time, while I wish we could have traded him to get something, he refused to be traded for his own reasons and as much as I don't like Rob Blake, he had that right in his contract.
Yah, why would you give Blake at his age and at that ridiculous 6 million dollar price tag a no trade clause? Blake screwed the Kings, especially since he wound up signing with the team he was refusing to go to but you have to question why the GM gave him a NTC in the first place. Blake simply used what was available to him and then maximized his value in free agency the next season and stayed close to home. If anything Blake was a pretty savvy businessman, especially when you look at his lofty lifetime salary page. And don't forget he was one of the most dominant and exciting dmen in the NHL and on the Kings all time. I don't like the not waving the no trade crap but I can't deny he was a helluva dman on the ice and that's what you need to be judged on. The off the ice stuff gets equal blame to management.

Last edited by The Tikkanen: 01-04-2013 at 09:25 AM.
The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote