Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2013, 11:32 AM
OgieO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prajna View Post
One of those players does not belong in that lineup! Can anyone tell who it is?
I am getting tired of seeing people put Hoffman on this team. IMO he is not an NHL player, def not top 6! Average AHL player, and a shrimp. Maybe 4th liner, but I would prefer someone with size...Grant or DZ.

Sorry for sticking my nose in as I usually just read and stay quiet....but this burns me!
Why not? He's got a fantastic shot and good hands. Skating is good enough and he seems to have a nice feel for the offensive side of the game. Playing with Spezza might be a nice fit. Personally (and I said this when we drafted him), I think his shot is a plus skill at the NHL level.

If (and I did say it was a big IF) it works, you've created 3 potent lines that could serve as a nice strength to the roster. He also has nice chemestry with Silf, which is why I thought of him specifically for that spot over guys like Condra and Greening.

Also, he's 6' so not exactly a shrimp either.

You want someone with size, fine. But the NHL is a skill game now more than a size game. Guys like Grant are useful (and I like Grant), but we already have a bunch of them. I want 3 skilled lines that can play good two way hockey and are a consistent threat to score.

OgieO is online now   Reply With Quote